Re: [AlternativeAnswers] Should You Get a Mammogram?



That is sooo "not the norm" (pressure from the mamogram bursting the cyst)....and by the time 'you' detect a lump, a mamogram could have detected it before anyone could feel it...
Like I said in an eaflier post; I got my first mamogram at 53 (shame on me!)...I was so scared when I went in and lo and behold!; the pressure is minimal, the entire 'ordeal' lasts maybe 10 -15 minutes depending on how many pictures are being taken.
I've been an advocate of homeopathy and natural medicine/ complimentary medicine for over 30 years....and I would strongly advice getting a mamogram.  For your own health; at least get a base line!

Max

--- On Wed, 5/13/09, Lyndall Abbott-Young <devil.tas@bigpond.com> wrote:

From: Lyndall Abbott-Young <devil.tas@bigpond.com>
Subject: Re: [AlternativeAnswers] Should You Get a Mammogram?
To: AlternativeAnswers@yahoogroups.com
Date: Wednesday, May 13, 2009, 1:47 PM

I personally have stopped having mammograms because I do feel very strongly

that they can and do cause more harm than good! I prefer to do self

examinations and get my GP to check me out on a regular exam basis. I know

of one lady who unknown to her at the time had a cyst in one breast and had

a mammogram done and ended up having major problems because the pressure of

the mammogram on the breast burst the cyst.

NOT for me thanks!

cheers

Lyndall

~~~~~~~~~~

I do self examinations regularly and my GP does an annual breast

manipulation and has found nothing of alarm.

Am I being paranoid about radiation and are my fears of creating other

issues (possibly caused by radiation) legitimate and/or well-founded?

Susan S., Canada

***











[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
*********************************************
Peacefulmind.com Sponsors Alternative Answers-

HEALING NATURALLY- Learn preventative and curative measure to take for many ailments at:

http://www.peacefulmind.com/ailments.htm
____________________________________________

-To INVITE A FRIEND to our healing community, copy and paste this address in an email to them:

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/AlternativeAnswers/subs_invite

___________________________________________
To ADD A LINK, RESOURCE, OR WEBSITE to Alternative Answers please Go to:

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/AlternativeAnswers/links

_____________________________________________
Community email addresses:
  Post message: AlternativeAnswers@yahoogroups.com
  Subscribe:    AlternativeAnswers-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
  Unsubscribe:  AlternativeAnswers-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
  List owner:   AlternativeAnswers-owner@yahoogroups.com
_________________________________________
Shortcut URL to this page:
  http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/AlternativeAnswers
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Give Back

Yahoo! for Good

Get inspired

by a good cause.

Y! Toolbar

Get it Free!

easy 1-click access

to your groups.

Yahoo! Groups

Start a group

in 3 easy steps.

Connect with others.

.

__,_._,___

0 comments: